For an appointment with Dr. Schott, please call: 513-232-2500.
Dr. Schott is a Fellowship Trained Board Certified Ophthalmologist specializing in the medical and surgical management of Glaucoma and Cataracts.
Dr. Schott graduated from the University of Virginia in 1980 with a Bachelor’s Degree in Biology. He then attended Medical School at Ohio State University from 1982-1986. He completed his Internship at Riverside Methodist Hospital followed by a Residency in Ophthalmology at Eastern Virginia Graduate School of Medicine 1987-1990. Dr. Schott was then accepted into the Glaucoma Fellowship Program at The University of Virginia School of Medicine from 1990-1991.
Following his Fellowship, Dr. Schott joined the Faculty of The University of Virginia as an Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology. In August of 1992 Dr. Schott returned to his home town of Cincinnati and joined Dr. Abbot Spaulding and Dr. Rees Sheppard of Anderson Hills Eye Care in private practice. In January of 1996 he and this two partners merged with several other physicians and formed Tri-State Eye Care which later became Tri-State Centers for Sight, Inc.
Dr. Schott has also been a Volunteer Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Cincinnati and a Volunteer Medical Instructor at Cincinnati Veterans Medical Center instructing Ophthalmology Residents in cataract and glaucoma surgery since his return to Cincinnati in August 1992. As part of his role as a Volunteer Faculty Member of The University of Cincinnati Department of Ophthalmology, Dr. Schott also often has a medical student shadowing him in clinic. Because of his enthusiasm and teaching abilities the Ophthalmology Residents elected him Volunteer Faculty Teacher of the Year 2013 and most recently the medical students of The University of Cincinnati elected Dr. Schott as the first annual Medical Student Teacher of The Year 2016.
Through his career, Dr. Schott has also been involved in several clinical research projects in the field of glaucoma as well as in medical missionary work having travelled to Mexico, the Phillipines and most recently to Haiti.
Dr. Schott resides in Anderson Township with his wife and daughter. He is currently a Board Member of Miami Valley Christian Academy and a Deacon of his church. In his spare time he enjoys running, hiking, camping, coaching his daughter’s volleyball team, an occasional round of golf and volunteering with many various activities at his church.
- Cataract and Anterior Segment Surgery
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- American Medical Association
- Ohio Ophthalmological Society
- Ohio State Medical Association
- Cincinnati Society of Ophthalmology
- Academy of Medicine of Cincinnati
- Numerous research projects designed to develop and evaluate new treatments for glaucoma
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Ophthalmology
University of Cincinnati College Of Medicine, 1991 – Present
- Assistant Professor, Department of Ophthalmology
University of Virginia College Of Medicine, 1989 – 1991
- University Of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia
Bachelor of Science, Biology
- The Ohio State University, College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
Medical Doctor, 1986
- Riverside Methodist Hospital, Columbus, Ohio
- Eastern Virginia School of Medicine, Norfolk, Virginia
Residency in Ophthalmology, 1990
- University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, Virginia
Fellowship, Glaucoma, 1991