LASIK is a modification of Laser Vision Correction. In LASIK, a thin flap of cornea is lifted in a single sheet to permit laser treatment of the eye’s exposed inner surface. Following the procedure, the corneal flap is repositioned. The corneal tissue has extraordinary natural bonding qualities that allow effective healing without the use of stitches.
If you’re nearsighted, you cannot see things clearly in the distance. This condition occurs when the cornea, which is located on the front part of the eye, is too long or steeply curved. Because of this curvature, light entering the eye focuses in front of the retina instead of on it. This causes blurry vision.
Our surgeons at MidWest Eye Center offer Laser Vision Correction with a variety of payment plans for all vision correction procedures. This includes pre-op and post-op care and enhancements for one year in most cases. Please contact us to find out more about your options at MidWest Eye Center 1-800-385-EYES (3937) or use our online feedback form. A one-time fee for Laser Vision Correction includes the following:
- Initial eye exam with our physicians or your current eye care provider.
- Computerized map of your eye
- All pre- and post- procedure exams
- The Laser Vision Correction procedure
- If an enhancement is needed, the charge will either be included in the initial fee or will not exceed a predetermined set price per eye.
- The physician’s fee
- A take home care kit
- Monitoring examinations with your doctor in the year following treatment
The MidWest Eye Center offers a variety of different payment options for Laser Vision Correction in Cincinnati, Ohio. If you wear contacts and are in need of Laser Vision Ccorrection, chances are you’re spending hundreds a year on lenses, solutions, cleaners, and more. That means the cost of Laser Vision Correction surgery from Cincinnati Ohio’s MidWest Eye Center can save you thousands of dollars over the long haul. We really do bring you better sight for less! And we offer a full range of payment methods to make it easy for you to get the Laser Vision Correction you need.
- Bank Check, Cashier’s Check or Money Order
- Employee Flexible Spending Account
- Visa, MasterCard, Discover & American Express
- Payment Plans
Laser Vision Correction uses cool pulses of ultraviolet light to cleanly, precisely, and smoothly remove a very small amount of tissue at the front of the eye. This corrects the problem curve of the cornea and allows light to properly focus on the retina. The result is clearer distance vision.
The lasers are computer-controlled and operated by ophthalmologists specially trained and credentialed to perform the procedure. Because the training, skill, and experience of our ophthalmic surgeons and other personnel is critical to the best outcome of Laser Vision Correction, MidWest Eye Center’s clinical and management services cover hands-on training in Laser Vision Correction for ophthalmologists, optometrists, nurses, and technicians.
Laser Vision Correction is designed to be a permanent correction to your vision. Doctors have been performing Laser Vision Correction since 1987. Studies to date show excellent vision stability for many years following treatment.
The surgeons of MidWest Eye Center have developed a program specifically designed to enhance the relationship between you, your current primary eye care provider, and our team of surgeons. This program is called co-management. We work with a select group of optometrists and ophthalmologists nationwide that help bring the highest level of patient care to the surgery process. An eye doctor in your area may be eligible.
If you desire, your co-managing doctor can:
- Acquaint you with our surgeons at MidWest Eye Center and the procedures that are available to you
- Inform you if you are a candidate for surgery and discuss your personal expectations
- Perform the pre-operative initial evaluation
- Perform the post-operative examinations
- Assist you with any supplemental aids for reading, sunny weather or night driving
- Continue to perform your primary care eye needs
If you are interested in finding out if your current eye doctor is a participating co-management provider, please call MidWest Eye Center and speak to one of our consultants locally at 513-385-EYES (3937) or toll-free at 1-800-385-EYES (3937).