Trisha Volmering, M.D.
Dr. Volmering is a Comprehensive Eye Physician and Surgeon, caring for patients with cataracts, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma, macular degeneration, and dry eye. She performs cataract surgery, femtosecond laser assisted cataract surgery, minimally-invasive glaucoma surgery (MIGS), laser treatments for glaucoma, and in-office cosmetic procedures such as dermal filler and Botox injections.
Dr. Volmering completed her undergraduate education at Valparaiso University, graduating with a Bachelor of Science as well as a Christ College Scholar distinction in the humanities. While there, she played NCAA Division 1 women’s soccer all four years. She earned her Doctorate of Medicine at University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and was awarded membership in the Gold Humanism Honor Society. Dr. Volmering completed her Ophthalmology Residency training at SUNY Upstate University Hospital in Syracuse.
Dr. Volmering is thrilled to be back in Cincinnati with her husband Derek and their dog, Lacey. In her spare time, she continues to play soccer and engage in martial arts training. She enjoys cooking, hiking, and traveling.
Follow Dr. Volmering on Instagram @trishavolmering.md for educational material and snippets of life.
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ASCRS)
- SUNY Upstate Syracuse University Hospital – Ophthalmology residency, chief resident
- SUNY Upstate Syracuse University Hospital – Preliminary Internal Medicine Residency
- University of Cincinnati College of Medicine – Doctor of Medicine
- Valparaiso University – Bachelor of Science Biology, Chemistry | Christ College Scholar with minor in humanities | Summa cum laude