Dr. McKenzie received her undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky and then went on to receive her Optometry Degree from Indiana University. Dr. McKenzie completed an ocular disease externship at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute as well as an ocular disease and low vision residency at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky.
Dr. McKenzie’s interest in eye care started at a young age as she learned about the field from her father, Dr. Mike Halpin. She is married to her husband, Phil, and they have two daughters, Maggie and Jolene. Dr. McKenzie is thrilled to be back in her hometown serving patients in the Northern Kentucky area.
- Diagnosis and Medical Management of Ocular Disease
- Indiana University school of optometry – O.D. | May 2019
- Univeristy of cincinnati – Post-Baccalaureate | 2012-2015
- Chemistry, biology, physics and mathematics requirements for Optometry school
- Univeristy of kentucky – B.A. | May 2009
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Philosophy
- Veterans Affairs health Care System |2019-2020| – Lexington, KY
- Sub-clinics: contact lens, TBI, and vision therapy
- Retina clinic observation at the University of Kentucky
- Preceptor to fourth year optometry student externs
- Bascom Palmer eye institute – Miami, Fl – November 2018-May2019
- Milo C. huempfner VA – Green bay, wi – August 2018-November 2018
- Atwater eye care center – bloomington, in – May 2018-August 2018