Dr. McKenzie received her undergraduate degree from the University of Kentucky and then went on to receive her Optometry Degree from Indiana University. Dr. McKenzie completed an Ocular Disease Externship at Bascom Palmer Eye Institute as well as an Ocular Disease and Low Vision Residency at the Veterans Affairs Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky.
Dr. McKenzie’s interest in eye care started at a young age as she learned about the field from her father, Dr. Mike Halpin. She is married to her husband, Phil, and they have three daughters, Maggie, Jolene and Heather. Dr. McKenzie is thrilled to be back in her hometown serving patients in the Northern Kentucky area.
- Diagnosis and Medical Management of Ocular Disease
- Indiana University School of Optometry – O.D. | May 2019
- University of Cincinnati – Post-Baccalaureate | 2012-2015
- University of Kentucky – B.A. | May 2009
- Veterans Affairs Health Care System |2019-2020| – Lexington, KY
- Bascom Palmer Eye Institute – Miami, FL – November 2018-May 2019
- Milo C. Huempfner VA – Green Bay, WI – August 2018-November 2018
- Atwater Eye Care Center – Bloomington, IN – May 2018-August 2018