- Crestview Hills
- ASC – Kenwood
- Northern Kentucky
Dr. Mando was born in Cincinnati, Ohio. He grew up in Ryland Heights, Kentucky and attended Holy Cross High School in Latonia, Kentucky. He received a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of Kentucky, graduating Magna Cum Laude; Medical school followed at the University of Louisville in Louisville, Kentucky. He then returned to the University of Kentucky, where he completed an intern year with the Department of Surgery, followed by his residency with the Department of Ophthalmology. His training was completed with a fellowship in cornea, anterior segment, and refractive surgery at the University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, Texas. Dr. Mando specializes in the management of medical and surgical diseases of the cornea, conjunctiva and anterior segment including: corneal dystrophies; keratoconus; anterior segment reconstruction; cataracts; secondary lenses and refractive surgery.
Dr. Mando is an avid outdoorsman, spending free time backpacking, kayaking, and fishing. When not in the wilderness, he and his wife are self-diagnosed foodies, who thoroughly enjoy trying new restaurants, and cuisines, in the tri-state area and abroad.
- The management of medical and surgical diseases of the cornea and anterior segment, including: corneal dystrophies; keratoconus; anterior segment reconstruction; cataracts; refractive surgery; as well as, diseases of the conjunctiva and iris.
- Corneal Dystrophies
- Anterior Segment Reconstruction
- Refractive Surgery
- Diseases of the Conjunctiva and Iris.
- University of Kentucky – Bachelor of Science in Biology, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Louisville – Medical school.
- University of Kentucky – Interned one year with the Department of Surgery, followed by his residency with the Department of Ophthalmology.
- University of Texas Southwestern – Fellowship in cornea, anterior segment, and refractive surgery.
- The American Cornea Society
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery.