Daniel C. Love, M.D.
Dr. Love grew up in Zanesville, Ohio and moved to the Greater Cincinnati area while attending Miami University in Oxford.
During his time there he met his wife, Rebecca. Medical school and an internship in internal medicine followed at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine and Jewish Hospital of Cincinnati. The Loves moved to Washington, DC where Dr. Love completed his ophthalmology residency at the Washington Hospital Center. Dr. Love feels extremely fortunate to have trained at this prestigious eye center that included rotations at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, the National Institutes of Health, and National Children’s Hospital. He was selected as Chief Resident his senior year. Dr. Love received the William J. Davis Award for research studies two consecutive years in a row.
Dr. Love joined the ophthalmology practice of Gerald and Kenneth Buerk in Hamilton and Oxford, Ohio in 1986 and was joined by David Adam, MD soon after. Dr. Love’s practice is truly comprehensive offering a wide range of ophthalmic care that include adult and pediatric eye exams and surgery including premium lens implant surgery to reduce a patient’s dependency on glasses after surgery. For patients with glaucoma not well controlled with medications and cataracts, Dr. Love uses the Glaukos iStent device at the time of cataract surgery to lower the patient’s eye pressure after surgery.
In addition to providing cataract surgery, pediatric eye muscle surgery, and glaucoma and oculoplastic surgery, Dr. Love is the staff ophthalmologist on call at Ft. Hamilton Hospital and McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital providing emergency eye care and in-patient consultations.
For over 20 years, Dr. Love has been an Assistant Professor in the Department of Ophthalmology of the University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine. During that time, he assisted resident physicians in cataract surgery at the VAMC and is a preceptor for undergraduate and medical students in his office.
Out of the office, Dr. Love and his wife are often involved in their children’s activities including serving as a Boy Scout leader and coach for each of his four children. The Love’s are actively involved in medical mission trips and have traveled to Mexico, Cuba, Guatemala, Ecuador, and India. Dr. Love is a Chairman for Caring Partners International, enjoys playing music at church and community events, and enjoys running and fitness.
American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ohio Ophthalmological Society
- Chairman of Board of Directors, Caring Partners International
- Assistant Clinical Professor of Ophthalmology, University of Cincinnati since 1993
- Preceptor, University of Cincinnati Medical Students, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Preceptor, Mallory Center for Pre-medical Education, Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
Awards and Recognition
- Top Doctor, Cincinnati and Cincy Magazines, Cincinnati, Ohio
- W.G. Davis Award for resident research, two years
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
A.B., Zoology / Chemistry, Magna Cum Laude
- University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati, OH
- Jewish Hospital, Cincinnati, OH
- Washington Hospital Center, Washington, D.C
Residency in Ophthalmology