The iLASIK procedure itself only takes minutes. The procedure involves an excimer laser used to reshape your cornea to correct the imperfections in your cornea (essentially the reason you are nearsighted, farsighted, astigmatic, etc.).
Here’s what happens:
- You get an extensive exam by an iLASIK surgeon and staff.
- Wavefront Wavescan™ will be used to make an individual blueprint of your eyes; this blueprint is used to program the laser, creating a truly customized laser vision correction for each individual eye.
- A laser is used to make a thin flap in your cornea.
- You’ll be given numbing drops so you won’t feel pain.
- This flap enables the surgeon to make the iLASIK correction.
- A second laser is used to make the correction to your cornea, based on your unique vision/eye characteristics.
- This correction is completely computer driven.
- The procedure is relatively quick and virtually painless.
- You can have great vision without glasses or contacts.*
*Outcomes may vary. 98% of nearsighted patients participating in the Advanced CustomVue™ FDA Clinical Trials could see 20/20 or better one year after treatment.
To correct your vision with the iLASIK procedure, a thin corneal flap needs to be created. There are two ways to make this flap: a blade or the IntraLase™ FS laser. The iLASIK procedure EXCLUSIVELY uses the IntraLase laser; it’s part of what makes iLASIK vision correction unique.
Request an Appointment
Doctors Who Perform This Procedure
Saif Jaweed, M.D.