Dr. Stephen Kondash is a comprehensive ophthalmologist who treats patients age 8 and older for a wide variety of medical and surgical eye disorders. He has a special interest in diabetic eye disease, glaucoma, dry eye, macular degeneration, and cataracts.
Dr. Kondash has performed thousands of surgeries over the past 25 years. He now offers laser-assisted cataract surgery. The Catalys Laser System provides an additional level of precision to cataract surgery along with reduction of astigmatism which helps reduce the need for glasses. He continues to be amazed at the effect that cataract surgery has on patients’ lives.
Dr. Kondash was born and raised in New Jersey. He graduated from the University of Notre Dame and received his medical degree from the University of Cincinnati. After an internship at The Christ Hospital, he completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of South Florida. He is a Fellow of the American Academy of Ophthalmology and a member of the Cincinnati Society of Ophthalmology. He is certified by the American Board of Ophthalmology.
When he’s not busy at the office or with family, Dr. Kondash enjoys playing golf and following Notre Dame football.
- Cataract surgery – with Multi-Focal Implants and correction of Astigmatism
- Laser surgery for Glaucoma, Diabetes, and other disorders
- Comprehensive Ophthalmology
- American Board of Ophthalmology
- Fellow, American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Cincinnati Academy of Medicine
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Cincinnati Society of Ophthalmology
- President, Cincinnati Society of Ophthalmology, 1998
- Top Doctors, Cincinnati Magazine, Cincinnati, OH: 2011, 2012 and 2016.
- University of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana
Bachelor of Science, 1983
- University of Cincinnati, College of Medicine, Cincinnati, Ohio
Medical Doctor, 1987
- The Christ Hospital, Cincinnati, Ohio
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
Residency in Ophthalmology, 1991